D3 Overdose at fairly low level
(Madison, CT, USA)
Vitamin D Overdose at Low Levels?
My Wife and I have been taking a One-A-Day vitamin and an additional Vitamin D3 supplement.
I have been taking 1000IU vD3 because my Mens One-A-Day only has 400IU.
My Wife has been taking 400IU vD3 because her Women's One-A-Day has 800IU of D3.... We have both overdosed after a couple of months. I had the dry mouth and my Wife had the upper stomach pain/back pain symptom.
We are now trying to figure out a correct amount to take after being poisoned. I have seen all the white spots on my fingernails disappear so I know it works I just don't want to overdose. With all the information about how much to take daily this seems like a low dose we took. I am thinking that maybe I should take on pill every 2 or 3 days instead of once a day.
Photo by Chris in Plymouth