In a recent blood test my Vit D was 98, dr said toxic, stop taking Vit D

What is the correct number you should get from a blood test for Vit D. Mine was 98. I was told it was toxic?

Comments for In a recent blood test my Vit D was 98, dr said toxic, stop taking Vit D

Click here to add your own comments

You must use UNITS
by: Kerri Knox, RN- The Immune Queen!


You must include UNITS for me to be able to help you. Is your level 98 ng/ml or 98 nm/L. Units are CRITICAL to know what your level is... HOWEVER, neither 98 ng/ml NOR 98 nm/L are TOXIC.

All you need to do is look at the actual lab report and the 'normal range' is usually between 30 to 100 ng/ml (if you are using those units). So by the lab's own DEFINITION, 98 is 'normal high'. In any case, you don't need it that high and you should probably stop taking your vitamin d- but YOU ARE NOT TOXIC BY ANY DEFINITION OF THE WORD.

Your doctor is simply an idiot who has no idea about Vitamin D and is scaring you completely needlessly and is giving you totally and completely horrible information that has no basis in fact, science or medicine. Next time you see him, please ask him what studies he is using in order to determine that 98 ng/ml is toxic. He will not be able to answer you or show you any studies... because there are none and he's ignorant about vitamin d.

Kerri Knox, RN

Click here to add your own comments

Return to Question About Overdose on Vitamin D.

Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.


Search this Site
Custom Search


Vitamin D Fact Sheet
Free Vitamin D Fact Sheet by Getting
My Newsletter