Toxic Vitamin D level?
I had my Vitamin D level checked in August, where it was around 40. I got a fibromyalgia relapse and the doctor told me to start taking 10,000 to 20,000 iu's of Vitamin D3 for a month, then drop to 10,000 iu's. I did this in January 2011. I didn't remember the 20,000 everyday, so it was hit and miss, closer to 4 times week. Then I had 10,000 maybe 5 or 6 times a week for 6 more weeks. A total of about 10 weeks.
In January I didn't know what my levels were at, but probably not high because I didn't take much Vitamin D3 from August until then and was very sick with the fibro flare-up.
I got tested 2 weeks ago and my Vitamin D3 was at 151! I was shocked. I am worried that it is too high. The doctor said to continue supplementing at 5,000 iu's per day, but since I was so worried said I could stop it for a couple of weeks then restart at 5000 iu's. I stopped it.
I am worried I am toxic. I want to know how long will it take to get my range back down to a normal range (lab test said 30-100 was normal). I mean around 60 to 80?